The following informations need to be specified when a band saw blades is ordered:
Product name – Lenght x width x thickness – teeth per inch
For example: GMT Viper 6800 mm x 34 mm x 1,07 mm x TPI
Machine: determine the band size of machine
(Lenght x width x Thicknes).
Material: determine the following for the material to be cut:
1) Material type/grade
4) Will material be stacked/bundled, or cut one at a time
Operation: is this a production or general purpose sawing operation?
Use the chart below.
1) Locate the type of material to be cut in the top row
2) Read down the chart to find which blade is reccomended
1) Use the Bi-Metal tooth selection chart
1) Go to the product page for the product you have select
2) Confirm that product is available in the correct blade width and TPI
1. Determine the size and shape of material to be cut.
2. Identify the chart to be used (square solids, round solids, or tubing/structurals).
3. Read teeth per inch next to material size.
To select the proper number of teeth per inch (TPI) for bundled or stacked materials, find the recommended TPI for a single piece and choose one pitch coarser to cut the bundle
This enhanced mechanical design promotes more efficient tooth penetration and chip formation, easily cutting through the work hardened zone. The WAVE TECH symbol denotes any product that can utilize the WAVE TECH process. Consult your GMT Technical Representative to determine if WAVE TECH will benefit your operation.